Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Heartache

I have to keep reminding myself of all the blessings that I have. I have three smart, hard-working, healthy children and two beautiful grandchildren. I do not live in an appliance box. I have a refrigerator door connected to a refrigerator that I can put notes on. Even though my 401K took a big hit, there is still some left. I've had two long term, great jobs in my life. I have some wonderful friends. My husband loves me.
My heart breaks when something bad happens to any of my children. I wanted so badly for them to have easy and happy lives, an impossible idea, I know. Some of you know that the nasty recession has claimed another victim in our family, which makes me very sad.
An old friend sent me some words of wisdom, out of the blue today. Here are some things I need to remember:

Life is not fair, but it is always good.
It's ok to get angry with God, he can take it.
Don't compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don't worry, God never blinks.
Whatever doesn't kill you really makes you stronger.
No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
Frame every so called 'disaster' with these words, 'In five years, will this matter?
Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
Don't take yourself too seriously, no one else does.
Believe in miracles.
If we all threw all of our troubles in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
The best is yet to come.
No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
Life isn't tied up with a bow, but it's still a 'gift'.

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring words! Thanks for sharing; seems to have been a tough week all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was very uplifting. Thinking about everybody right now!

    ReplyDelete