Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Monday, April 6, 2009

60th Birthday

Ok, so here is my first blog. Not sure what I'm going to do with this, but here I go. Time seems to go by so fast, so I thought maybe I should start some type of journal so I can remember what I've done. This certainly won't be a place where I will write down my most profound thoughts, because, quite honestly, I don't have any.

Today is my 60th birthday, doesn't seem possible because I'm sure I was in high school just last month. Yesterday was my birthday celebration and I was surrounded by family and friend. Well, the friends we actually Amy's and they really didn't come to see me, but to see Rachel's new baby, Juliana Kate, but it was fun to have everyone here anyway. My favorite times are when the house is full of people and food.

Lee grilled his delicious all-day ribs and some chicken. Jenni brought baked beans and chocolate cake and Amy and Ed fixed salad and mac and cheese. It was a dreary day weatherwise, but everyone seemed to have fun anyway. Eamon enjoyed playing with Rachel's girls, Evie and Rosie, but wasn't too impressed with the new baby.

Today is Monday and Eamon is here, but napping now. This is my time to read or sew or nap. I think I will go and work on his Easter outfit now. Not much left to do, but don't need to put off till the last minute.

5 comments:

  1. Yay Mama Marie! No time like the present to start blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, and blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was happy to meet Jules, but I was definitely there to see you too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a little late knowing you had a blog! I found you on Ali's site! I am so excited! Happy Belated Bday again and Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete