Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Report on the Sister's Lunch


Ok, so they gave us a little chicken breast (maybe from a sparrow), a little rice and a bunch of salad greens that might have been in the vicinity of some salad dressing at some point, but not very close. Water to drink, no tea. After we finished lunch, one of the ladies at my table asked about dessert was told that the two pieces of candy in the little box at each place was our dessert. Well, then what was the damn spoon for? We didn't even get coffee. I left there hungry and had to stop at McDonald's to get a McFlurry (really could have eaten a burger and fries, but I didn't.)

Ok, in case you are inclined to remind me it was for a good cause, I do know that, but I would have been $40 instead of $30 for some extra food.

Got back to campus and spent 10 minutes and a gallon of gas trying to find a parking place. There was one right next to the building but our campus mail guy had it blocked. I drove around and came back, he still had it blocked. Parked a block and a half away, trudged up hill in the heat to find, yes, you know it, the place was now open!!!!!

Ok, I must go now and put together a grocery list for Ely's party.

No comments:

Post a Comment