Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Race (well, walk) for the Cure

Last Saturday, Amy, Eamon and I walked one mile in the Breast Cancer Race for the Cure. The weather was not ideal, misty and drizzly, but never really rained while we were there. We werew supposed to walk with my friend, Pat and her family, but they decided not to because of the weather. We met up with Amy's friend, Jennie, her mom Mary, who is a breast cancer surviror and Ashley, Emily and Rowan and walked with them. It was overwhelming to see the number of people who showed up and staggering to thing about how many people are impacted by breast cancer.

I haven't done much, but go to work this week, since I've been fighting off some kind of sinus/allergy crap. Feel much better today and hope to have a great weekend of sewing. Also need to straighten up the house. Since we got the new TV, I've got stacks of movies on video tapes that I need to decide what to do with.

I'm still working as a temp and still looking for permanent work. Had an interview last week at UAB that sounded promising at first, but then found out they wanted me to actually do some fund raising - asking people for money. Withdrew my application immediately. Not my thing. Hopefully, something will come up at least by the time my services are no longer needed at Samford.

No comments:

Post a Comment