Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Monday, October 5, 2009

An Unexpected Trip to the Beach

Amy and Ed decided to go to the beach for a few days before Amy started her new job. Did I mention Amy got a new job at UAB? Hooray! Anyway, they invited me to go. At first I was a little hesitant since I was worried I would be in the way and also didn't want to take off from work since I have no vacation. After Amy reminded me that my dear friend, Debbie, lives right accross the bay on Dauphin Island, my mind was made up.

We drove down on Sunday, September 27 and got down to Foley in time to do a little shopping before check in time at the condo in Gulf Shores. Ed got us settled in at the condo and went back to the main road (about 12 miles away) to buy groceries. They fixed fajitas that night. The condo was very comfy. The only disappointment was there was no washer and dryer, but that turned out to be no big deal.

Eamon loved the beach, the birds, the pool, the other guests and the food. Amy packed his trains, tracks and trucks and he played with those anytime we were inside.

The weather was great, I thouroughly enjoyed my vacation. Debbie came over from Dauphin Island and visited with us on Monday. It was so good to see her. We had a great visit.

We ate out some, we ate in some, no real schedule, just what a vacation is supposed to be.

1 comment:

  1. Hoooray for a vacation! :) Looks like from Amy's blog y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete