Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dinner, Reading and Ribs

Kim and Allen came to dinner tonight, we hadn't seen them since Palm Sunday. Lee grilled ribs and chicken and made potatoes au grautin. I made bread pudding and a cake. Amy and Eamon stayed for dinner and Jenni came over. At Amy's suggestion, we put a candle in the cake and sang Happy Birthday because Jenni will be in Mandeville all summer and not here for her birthday. It's always fun when the family comes over.
Poor Eamon was up way too late and Amy called a little while ago to say he was up for two hours last night so she is letting him sleep and will bring him over later. So, I'm going to get some reading in before she comes. I'm reading 'Unlucky For Some' by Jill McGown. Not really crazy about her writing style but have decided to finish the book to find out 'whodunit'.
Oh, the Braised Short Ribs turned out great, I'll put in a link to the recipe later. I didn't follow it exactly and may change some things when I cook them next time. The key to the success, I believe, is to cook them for a long time so the meat just falls apart.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I'm really wanting some of your bread pudding - oh it was always SO good! And I'm looking forward to the recipe for the ribs. Sounds yummy! Blessings! Joanne

    ReplyDelete