Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Breast Cancer Luncheon

Today I attended the breast cancer luncheon with my friend, Pat, who is a breast cancer survivor. Our friend Donna was there with her amazing mother, Frances. Pat's daughter, Amy and her sister Jane were also there. The food was very tasty, amazing for such a big event. All the breast cancer survivors got a prize, Pat got a great looking purse that her daughter seemed very impressed with. Donna won the center piece ----again this year because it goes to the person whose birthday is closest to the date of the luncheon. So, she may have to sit at another table next year!!! Just kidding.
It was very sobering to me to see the number of women who stood up that were breast cancer survivors. Too many women get this awful disease.
Ed was going to bring Eamon over after the luncheon but he fell asleep on the way here (Eamon, not Ed), so Ed took him back home to put him to bed. Since I have some free time, I guess I'll go upstairs and sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment