Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

WALMART HELL

So, we ordered a new flat screen tv yesterday. Found a deal on one with free shipping. Of course, one thing leads to another because now we need a new console thingy to hold the Uverse box, dvd player and whatever the hell else Ely has hooked up to the tv. Not wanted to spend more on the console than we spent on the tv as that would completely negate the savings, I went to Walmart to find one. The had two that I liked in my price range.

Walmart number 1, didn't find any in a box by the display, so I asked a clerk to find someone to help me to find out if they had any in the back. Waited 15 minutes, no one showed up, I left.

Ok, yes, I was dumb enough to try another Walmart, I was a woman on a mission.

Walmart number 2, again they had a display model, but none in boxes. Even if they had, it would have been to heavy to pick up, so I would have needed assistance. I went to customer service. The person there made a call, then walked somewhere. Finally she came back and told me to follow her. She takes me to the back by the package pick-up counter and the bathrooms. She goes in the back, comes out with a manager. He goes with me, looks at the furniture, takes down the number and goes about for about 10 minutes. Comes back, tells me they don't have any. Then he offers to scan the bar code and see if they have any on order. We go to electronics and he gets some guy to scan it. This guys say that according to the scanner, they have 9 of them in the back. He notes the bin numbers where they are and tells me he'll get me one. 45 minutes later (yes, I know, I'm a fool, why did I stand there for 45 minutes?), he never came back, so I left.

Oh, did I mention that this all occured after I had to wait 30 minutes past my appointment time in the dentist office to get my teeth cleaned??

Bottom line, I still have no console to hold all the stuff and the old case won't accomodate the new tv.

I know this story had captivated your attention and your are so sympathetic to my plight, but I just had to vent and if you can't vent on your blog, where can you??????

1 comment:

  1. Ughhhh!

    Do y'all havea rooms to go? we got a GREAT console for our TV there for WAY cheap!!!

    ReplyDelete