Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Couldn't think of anything clever to name this post, so just went with the day. Here's what's been happening, not necessarily chronologically.

Ely got a full-time job (yes, he's still going to school full-time, but his classes are at night). They don't pay much, but they have free cokes (anyone who knows Ely, knows they are going to go broke on that one), free sandwich stuff for lunches and uniform shirts and a service that cleans them. It's some kind of IT company.

I am still working as a temp at Samford in my old job. I really would like to stay, but there is some mystery thing going on and they can't make a commitment. My take on it is that there is or is going to be some changes on campus that will result in an extra secretary and they are going to place her in this job. I was upset about this for a while, but realize it is out of my control. Everyone in my department keeps saying how glad they are that I'm back and what a great job I'm doing. I just organized and pulled off a gigantic office rearrangement of people and desks that went extremely well. So, I may not get the job, but things will not go smoothly when I leave and they will miss me. How's that for ego?

I spent Labor Day with Eamon and Amy and we went to Jim and Nick's for lunch. Amy got Eamon an order of fries, but he really preferred the ketchup. He uses the fries as a tool to scoop up the ketchup and then after a while just dips in with his hands and get's it without the fries.

We all went over to Amy and Ed's on Saturday night for football. Have you ever watched football with Ed? It is an experience that I can't describe. I've never known anybody to get so intense about a ball game. Anyway, we had fun and all of our teams won (Georgia, Auburn and LSU).

I've been getting back into smocking lately after over a year of making boy clothes. The smocked dresses are so cute. Next, I want to do some more heirloom sewing, that's pretty intricate work, but the finished products are worth it.

Lee went down to MS and LA Labor day weekend to visit three of his sisters who are all having health problems.

That's about all that's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment