Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Bathroom

All of you know that we have been redoing our master bath for many months now. For some reason, all projects at our house take 100 times longer than they do at anyone else's house.

We (Lee) agonized over what tile to put down on the floor. I tried to give some input, which he said he wanted, but that wasn't true. I finally said pick a damn tile and let's just go with it, I don't care anymore.

Ed got started on the floors this past weekend. He's never done tile work before, but he just got in and got to work in typical Ed style. He's not afraid to tackle anything. I know it's hard work and I can't express how much I appreciate what he is doing for me. If left to the men who live in my house, the floors would never get done. Of course, they can both tell you how to do it because they believe they know how to do everything. It's the actual execution of the work that seems to elude them.

Of course, meanwhile, my toilet is on my front porch. It rained the other day and filled up the tank and the next time Eamon came over he so enjoyed flushing the toilet. Why didn't I take pictures of that? I must be slipping.

Ed's coming back today to work on the floor some more. Hopefully, he'll get the toilet back in soon. I've been sleeping upstairs so I can use that bathroom. I have to pee so many times during the night and just don't want to have to climb up and down the stairs 4 or 5 times each night.

Next step, have the electrician come in and wire my new lights. I've bought a smaller mirror than the old one and are having side lights put in.

I'll post pictures of the new bathroom soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment