Marie's Place

Just little tidbits of my life.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Storm??

We were supposed to have a serious winter storm here this weekend, but it didn't turn out to be such a big deal afterall.  I came down to Amy's yesterday afternoon to weather out the ice and snow for a couple of reasons, first because Ed was at the fire station and Eamon was running a temp and I didn't want her stuck her alone, second because she doesn't usually lose power (selfish, I know).  Ed was able to get home this morning, but officials are asking people to stay off the streets unless they really need to go somewhere, so I'm going to stay here one more night.  I'm sure I can get out of this neighborhood, but I'm afraid to drive over the bridges and also afraid of driving on the hills in my neighborhood.  Hopefully, tomorrow morning things will begin to thaw out and I can get home, get ready for work and then get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment